BSF Recruitment 2019: The Border Security Force has released a notification for the recruitment process of Head Constable Post. The total number of vacancies available for this post are 1072, with 300 seats allocated to Head Constable Radio Operator and 772 seats available for Head Constable Radio Mechanic. The eligible and interested candidates are requested to apply for the positions starting from May 14 2019. The candidates are advised to keep a track of the official website for the link to fill their forms.
- The commencement of submission of online form: May 14 2019
- Last date for submission of online forms: June 12 2019
- First Phase Written OMR test: July 28 2019 (Date subject to change)
- Second Phase PST PET and Documentation: October 9 2019 (Date subject to change)
- Descriptive Written Test: October 9 2019 (Date subject to change)
- Final Medical Examination: January 30 2020 (Date subject to change)
- Head Constable Radio Operator: 300 seats
- Head Constable Radio Mechanic: 772 seats
- Head Constable Radio Operator: Level 4 in the Pay Matrix
- Head Constable Radio Mechanic: Rs 25,500- Rs 81,000 (as per 7th CPC)
Candidate should have done Matriculation/12th or equivalent from a recognized Board and two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate (ITI) in the relevant subject.
For most of the positions, the minimum age is 18 years while the maximum age is 23 years. The limit relaxation on age for certain categories are:
i)SC/ST candidates: 5 years
ii) OBC candidates: 3 years
iii) Persons with disability: 10 years (PWD+OBC= 13 years; PWD+SC/ST= 15 years)
vi) Ex-servicemen with at least five years of service : 5 years
The candidates are supposed to apply for the positions by filling the application online. No other mode of submission of application will be accepted. The selected candidates will undergo a series of tests which includes written tests, physical tests, descriptive written examination and the final medical test. The written tests and the OMR test carries negative marking.